Code of Conduct
"By training with a coach committed to respect based learning there is mutual understanding that personal boundaries are respected and your coach is committed to holding themselves accountable to industry best practices. We encourage you to read the AACE Member Guide and the Code of Conduct so that you are informed about what respect based training means."
AACE Steering Committee
In addition to being signatory to the ASSOCIATION OF ACTING COACHES & EDUCATORS (AACE) Code of Conduct and abiding by Equity UK standard practices, I am also committed to creating a safe & confidential space where every performer can achieve their personal best and respectful learning culture of consent-based interaction. My expectation is that everyone in the learning environment is responsible for maintaining a respectful workplace where interactions must be consent-based and harassment, discrimination, bullying and violence will not be tolerated.
I believe that every performer and student should expect the following:
1. A safe learning environment where all students and performers can thrive;
2. To have anti-harassment, discrimination, and violence policies and procedures that are clearly communicate to students before or on the first day of classes, and followed for the duration of the course.
3. For educators to have a course curriculum that includes or incorporates aspects of anti-harassment training and education.
4. The ability to set personal boundaries and engage in consent-based interactions.
5. An educator that adheres to industry best practices when including content where physical contact or scenes of nudity, intimacy, or violence may be included.
6. An educator who is mindful of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and builds this into their teaching.
7. Resources for counseling and support when needed.
In support of the above expectations, I commit to:
1. Enacting policies, procedures, and education programs to maintain zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination, bullying, and violence.
2. Identifying a timely process to receive, respond and resolve complaints, and provide resources to counseling and support services where necessary.
3. Being respectful, accountable, and honest, and upholding this Code to the best of our ability.
As a member of Equity UK I also abide by their Safe Spaces statement:
“Every single one of us working on this project is entitled to work in a safe space: a space free of fear, a space free of bullying and harassment of any kind. We will work together honouring our differences and celebrating the gifts we each bring to the table. We will treat one another with politeness and respect at all times and, if we are subjected to or witness bullying and harassment, we will speak out knowing that our voices will be heard and we will be taken seriously. Together we can create a safe space.”
Actors Equity UK